The creamy coconut tiramisù with Nutella, known in Italy as coccomisù, is a recipe that we first saw on Altacucina. This recipe is made with coconut yogurt, coconut flour, and Nutella, in addition to the most classic Tiramisù ingredients.
We have slightly adjusted the quantity of the ingredients because we have found that they are excessive. To cook the tiramisù we used a 30x20cm baking pan.
Ingredients and variations
The ingredients for this delicious creamy coconut tiramisù with Nutella differ slightly from the classic Italian version. In fact, to give the coconut flavor this recipe contains coconut yogurt and coconut flakes that are used in the filling in addition to coconut flakes sprinkled on top of it.
Here’s the list of ingredients with possible variations and additional ideas:
- Ladyfingers (you can use Pavesini biscuits as well)
- Eggs, medium sized
- Mascarpone cheese (you can replace it with ricotta cheese)
- Coconut yogurt
- Coconut flakes
- Whipped cream
- Nutella (you can replace it with marmelade if you wish)
- Milk to dip the ladyfingers (you can replace with coffee if you wish).
How to make this tasty tiramisù
First of all, you will need to separate the egg yolks from the whites. After that, you will start making the filling. Take a bowl and mix the egg yolks with the sugar. Once the mix has doubled in size and they are well mixed, add the mascarpone, the coconut yogurt, the flakes and keep beating the filling.
Once well mixed, whisk separately first the egg whites and then the cream. Mix each of them with the filling, without beating. Use a spatula to fold both of them, one after the other. This is needed to keep their consistency.
When the filling is ready, put the Nutella in a bowl and melt it in a microwave for around 25 seconds at 800W. It will be easier to spread on the ladyfingers.
Take the pan, place the ladyfingers (previously dipped in milk), cover with half of the Nutella, and then with the mascarpone filling. Create two layers and finally cover with coconut flakes.
What to serve it with
This tiramisù is topped with coconut flakes but, if you prefer, you can replace it with cocoa powder. In both cases, you can add some berries on top or on the side of it. Fresh berries, if you make this in summer, will be a perfect combination of flavors.
How to store it
This creamy coconut tiramisù can be stored in the fridge for some days. We recommend not to keep it in the fridge for more than 3-4 days, as it contains whipped cream.
If you prefer to keep it in the freezer, we suggest you do not exceed four weeks. Otherwise, the taste and consistency of the ladyfingers can be compromised when thawed. When you wish to eat it, thaw it in the refrigerator for some hours.
Instead of using a baking dish, you can make several mini tiramisù portions, like this one in the picture.
It might be a great idea if you need to make smaller portions.
Have you ever made this or have you only tried the classic Tiramisù recipe?
- 250 gr ladyfingers
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 220 ml cream to whip
- 400 gr mascarpone
- 220 gr coconut yogurt
- 30 gr coconut flakes
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites in a bowl.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar.
- Add mascarpone cheese, coconut yogurt, and coconut flakes.
- Whip the egg whites and fold them into the mixture.
- Whip the cream and fold it into the mixture.
- Melt the Nutella for 25 seconds in the microwave at 800W.
- Take a baking pan (30×20) and place the ladyfingers at the bottom after dipping them in milk to create the first layer.
- Spread half of the Nutella on top of the layer.
- Spread half of the mascarpone filling.
- Create a second layer, following the steps of the first layer, with ladyfingers, Nutella, and filling.
- Sprinkle with coconut flakes as much as you like.
- You can replace milk with coffee and coconut flakes with powdered cocoa.
- Leave the finished tiramisù for at least 5 hours in the refrigerator before serving.