In Finland, making pasta every day is much less of a habit than in Italy but when we want to make a nice pasta dish, this easy cream cheese and zucchini pasta is a great option.
The combination of flavors of zucchini and cream cheeses is a gift to our palate. As you well know, zucchini fits perfectly in classic Italian risotto with gorgonzola (blue cheese). Also, zucchini fits with fish. Check out our Black rice with shrimp and zucchini cream!
The ingredients for the perfect easy cream cheese and zucchini pasta
Making this pasta is very easy, also because of the ingredients. In fact, you will only need, in addition to pasta, zucchini, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil. You can use the pasta for this dish quite freely. The only strict requirement is that it is, so-called, “short pasta” (so no spaghetti, linguine, etc.).
You can use any plain cream cheese you wish. If you want to try something different, you might also choose a flavored cream cheese. For instance, a salmon-flavored cheese would fit with zucchini and pasta. Although, we recommend paying attention to the amount with flavored ones.
Can I store it?
If you want to make this pasta dish in advance, you can store it in the fridge for up to 2 days. This is quite a fast and easy dish to make so we do not recommend storing it anyways.
Have you ever made this type of pasta? Do you like to eat short pasta? Which spread cheese do you use for this dish: do you go for a plain one or do you prefer to add more flavors to this dish?
Easy cream cheese and zucchini pasta
- 350 grams zucchini
- 180 grams short pasta penne, fusilli, etc.
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- parmesan cheese (vegan parmesan to get a vegetarian dish)
- 1 clove garlic
- black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil for cooking
- Bring water to a boil.
- Wash the zucchini and grate it. Wait for the water to boil, add salt and the pasta, and then proceed to the next step. (Cook the pasta al dente.)350 grams zucchini, 180 grams short pasta
- Add some olive oil into a pan over medium heat. Add garlic clove and, once the pan has heated slightly, add the grated zucchini.1 clove garlic, extra virgin olive oil, 350 grams zucchini
- Add some salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 5-6 minutes.salt, black pepper
- After the time has passed, take away the garlic clove. Turn off heat and add cream cheese and some grated parmesan. Mix it all together and taste. Add more parmesan, salt, or pepper if needed. (If you would like to have more cream cheese, you can add one more spoonful of it per person.)4 tablespoons cream cheese, parmesan cheese, salt, black pepper
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan and mix everything well. Serve.
Nutritional information shall not be used for medical reasons.